Dear Klub Queer, Babez.
Klub Queer is going ahead!
WITH A NEW STARTING TIME OF 2PM!!!!!
Please spread the word about the new starting time, we don’t want disappointed people standing there waiting for us to start at the original starting time.
IMPORTANT – Housekeeping matters
- The venue INCLUDING DOOR SALES are CASH ONLY.
- There is an ATM in the venue, but we are told it regularly runs dry. Please access a local ATM in Lismore and if you feel unsafe wandering the streets on your own if you run out of cash, please advise our friendly door person and they will find a Club Queer Mascot to assist you.
- The venue has a strict NO WATER BOTTLES / NO BOTTLES AT ALL policy on entry. This is for your safety and the safety of future bowlers on the green.
- QR CODE SIGN IN is a strict condition of entry. NO RESTRICTIONS are in place regarding vaccination status. Klub Queer encourages you to make the best choices for you and advocates for bodily autonomy.
- Masks are mandatory in the INDOOR spaces unless you are seated with food. Bring your mask!
Rain is likely but rest assured we have you covered with marquees.
However. Be rain prepared. It’s Subtropical Northern NSW. Anything could happen. And hopefully it will!
- There will be a fund-raising BBQueer in the afternoon and some snacky treats with GF and VEGO catered for. The profit raised from the BBQ will go 100% toward various Tropical Fruits Grass Roots Initiatives including the First Nations/POC/Gender Diverse and Trans work being done by Tropical Fruits.
We love you!
We have been hearing your prayers that we should push forward and not cancel this much anticipated event even under pressure. Queers need to party, and this is how we do it as Safely as we can!
Here at Klub Queer central we have been working tirelessly to produce the most Covid Safe event that’s possible in these troubled times.
For those who know the venue, you may recall that The Lismore City Bowling Club is known as an indoor venue.
But they are as committed to Klub Queer as we are – so they have given us access to one of their outdoor Bowling Greens for the day.
We will be setting up a Sun Safe and Weather Safe space on The Green for us to all enjoy ourselves in Open Air.
This is why we have pushed our starting time back – to allow more time for us to set up a Safer Space.
The Lismore City Bowling Club ask that we do our best to avoid damaging The Green. That means – please don’t wear your stilettos, a preference for soft soled shoes and flat soles please. It’s January 1’st, who has time for uncomfortable shoes anyway???
And don’t dig anything like an umbrella, spikey camp chair etc. into The Green.
The World Health Organisation (
https://www.who.int/) states explicitly that ventilation is key in slowing the spread of Covid-19. And in accordance we are making Klub Queer a primarily outdoor event.
We have erected marquee’s and are creating a comfortable outdoor space with continuous MASKED access to the indoor space in accordance with Covid guidelines.
Please be Covid aware, if you are feeling unwell, please stay at home for the safety of everyone. Rapid test if you are unsure. PCR Test if you are unwell and get the best care as advised by your healthcare professional.
If you are feeling well pop your best party frock on, a sensible shoe and get to Klub Queer from 2pm January 1st.
Party Starts @ 2pm until 12pm on New Year’s Day.
- Door Closes @ 10pm.
- With very limited of number of tickets on the door.
Lismore City Bowling Club
Sprinks Park, Lismore.
Our party will start with a Welcome to Country, from Skye! A gorgeously queer person from the land of Widjabul Wia-bal that our party will be held on.
DJ LINE UP:
With performances throughout the night by our hostess Pluto Savage, mopoke – AnA Wojak, Paul Walker & Ira Zev and Lillian Starr.
Bring it 2022!
#Be HERE! #Be QUEER! #Be PROUD!
XO KLUB QUEER CREW
THIS IS AN ACCESSIBLE + ALL-INCLUSIVE PARTY – ALL TOILETS ARE GENDER NEUTRAL. + Straight Friendly